As for me, may my prayer come to You, O Lord,
at a favorable moment;
O God, in Your abundant faithfulness,
answer me with Your sure deliverance.
Keep lies and false words from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches,
But provide me with my daily bread . . .
God is our refuge and stronghold,
a help in trouble, very near.
Therefore we are not afraid
though the earth reels,
though mountains topple into the sea ~
its waters rage and foam;
in its swell mountains quake. Selah. . . .
[but] The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our haven. Selah.
Tehillim/Psalms 46.2-4, 12
The Lord spoke to Moses, saying: Say to the Israelite people: On the fifteenth day of this seventh month there shall be the Feast of Booths (Sukkot) to the Lord, to last seven days. The first day shall be a sacred occasion: you shall not work at your occupations; seven days you shall bring offerings by fire to the Lord. On the eighth day you shall observe a sacred occasion and bring an offering by fire to the Lord; it is a solemn gathering: you shall not work at your occupation. (Leviticus/Vayikra 23.33-36)
- Sukkot 2012: Dates, Customs Of The Jewish Feast Of The Tabernacle Explained (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sukkot 2012 (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Now is the time of our joy (joelmlay.com)
- Postcard from Israel – Succot (cifwatch.com)
For as the earth brings forth her growth
And a garden makes the seed shoot up,
So the Lord God will make
Victory and renown shoot up
In the presence of all the nations.
and the Frog says:
Blessed is the name of His glorious kingdom for ever and ever.
Mishna Yoma 3.8
(Song of the Frog, Perek Shirah)
- New Frog Species Is Bright Yellow (livescience.com)
- Basho’s frog (awalkinmyheart.wordpress.com)
- Kermit the Frog Spotted in Real-Life (techeblog.com)
- “Lost” Long-Fingered Frog Found in Africa (news.nationalgeographic.com)
- Frog hitch-hikes to Britain on asparagus, sort of (examiner.com)
- World’s Largest Frog (nickyniks.wordpress.com)
- Frogs and toads in the Park Centre pond (qecp.wordpress.com)
- More Parasites Mean Healthier Frogs (livescience.com)
- “Hillel used to say” (guapotg.wordpress.com)
- Petach Tikva Learns Torah in Memory of Fallen (israelnationalnews.com)
- Israeli researcher: Mikvehs show that Galilee cave dwellers were likely kohanim (haaretz.com)
- Translation: “The Development of the Transmission of the Oral Law” (hardcoremesorah.wordpress.com)
- Pirkei Avot, Chapter 3:1 (jewishwomenlearning.wordpress.com)
- ‘Be ready to break into the Old City’ (timesofisrael.com)
God said, “Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures,
and birds that fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky.”
For you shall observe this as an institution for all time, for you and your descendents. And when you enter the land that the Lord will give you, as He has promised, you shall observe this rite. And when your children ask you, “What do you mean by this rite?” you shall say “It is the Passover sacrifice to the Lord, because He passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt when He smote the Egyptians, but saved our houses.” . . . . And all the Israelites did so; as the Lord had commanded Moses and Aaron, so they did. That very day the Lord freed the Israelites from the land of Egypt, troop by troop.
~Exodus 12.24-27, 50-51
- The 7 Symbolic Foods Of Passover Passover Foods: Gastronomic Symbols Of History (guapotg.wordpress.com)
- Israelis Prepares for Passover Festival (abcnews.go.com)
- Passover in pictures (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Passover 101 (foxnews.com)
- Monday: Re-creation of Passover Sacrifice (israelnationalnews.com)
- My first Passover Seder! (travelwithlaughter.com)
- Passover Offering 2012 (drschiffman.wordpress.com)
- A Synopsis of the Passover Torah Readings (guapotg.wordpress.com)
- Passover the season of our unity (blogginghounds.wordpress.com)
- This Week’s Torah Portion – Pesach (Passover) (terri0729.wordpress.com)