The Lord spoke to Moses, saying: Say to the Israelite people: On the fifteenth day of this seventh month there shall be the Feast of Booths (Sukkot) to the Lord, to last seven days. The first day shall be a sacred occasion: you shall not work at your occupations; seven days you shall bring offerings by fire to the Lord. On the eighth day you shall observe a sacred occasion and bring an offering by fire to the Lord; it is a solemn gathering: you shall not work at your occupation. (Leviticus/Vayikra 23.33-36)
- Sukkot 2012: Dates, Customs Of The Jewish Feast Of The Tabernacle Explained (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sukkot 2012 (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Now is the time of our joy (joelmlay.com)
- Postcard from Israel – Succot (cifwatch.com)
For you shall observe this as an institution for all time, for you and your descendents. And when you enter the land that the Lord will give you, as He has promised, you shall observe this rite. And when your children ask you, “What do you mean by this rite?” you shall say “It is the Passover sacrifice to the Lord, because He passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt when He smote the Egyptians, but saved our houses.” . . . . And all the Israelites did so; as the Lord had commanded Moses and Aaron, so they did. That very day the Lord freed the Israelites from the land of Egypt, troop by troop.
~Exodus 12.24-27, 50-51
- The 7 Symbolic Foods Of Passover Passover Foods: Gastronomic Symbols Of History (guapotg.wordpress.com)
- Israelis Prepares for Passover Festival (abcnews.go.com)
- Passover in pictures (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Passover 101 (foxnews.com)
- Monday: Re-creation of Passover Sacrifice (israelnationalnews.com)
- My first Passover Seder! (travelwithlaughter.com)
- Passover Offering 2012 (drschiffman.wordpress.com)
- A Synopsis of the Passover Torah Readings (guapotg.wordpress.com)
- Passover the season of our unity (blogginghounds.wordpress.com)
- This Week’s Torah Portion – Pesach (Passover) (terri0729.wordpress.com)
If, then, you obey the commandments that I enjoin upon you this day, loving the Lord your G-d and serving Him with all your heart and soul, I will grant the rain for your land in season, the early rain and the late. You shall gather in your new grain and wine and oil~ Deuteronomy 11.13-14
The Lord spoke to Moses saying: Say to the Israelite people:
On the fifteenth day of this seventh month there shall be the Feast of Booths to the Lord, to last seven days. The first day shall be a sacred occasion: you shall not work at your occupations; seven days you shall bring offerings by fire to the Lord. On the eighth day you shall observe a sacred occasion and bring an offering by fire to the Lord; it is a solemn gathering: you shall not work at your occupations.
Mark on the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the yield of your land, you shall observe the festival of the Lord to last seven days: a complete rest on the first day, and a complete rest on the eighth day. On the first day you shall take the product of hadar trees, branches of palm trees, boughs of leafy trees and willows of the brook, and you shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days. You shall observe it as a festival of the Lord for seven days in the year; you shall observe it in the seventh month as a law for all time, throughout the ages. You shall live in booths seven days; all citizens in Israel shall live in booths, in order that future generations may know that I made the Israelite people live in booths when I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I the Lord your God.
So Moses declared to the Israelites the set times of the Lord.
- Leviticus 23 (asorensen.wordpress.com)