He humbled their hearts through suffering;
they stumbled with no one to help.
In their adversity they cried to the Lord,
and He rescued them from their troubles.
He brought them out of deepest darkness,
broke their bonds asunder.
Let them praise the Lord for His steadfast love.
Sing a hymn to the L-rd, who reins in Zion;
declare His deeds among the people.
For He does not ignore the cry of the afflicted;
He who requites bloodshed is mindful of them.
. . . The L-rd has made Himself known;
He works judgment;
the wicked man is snared by his own devices.
. . . Not always shall the needy be ignored,
nor the hope of the afflicted forever lost.
Tehillim/Psalms 9.12-13, 17, 19
*For the children who were and are sexually assaulted and ignored at Penn State and everywhere.
- Alleged Victim’s Mother: Jerry Sandusky Admitted It “To My Face” 13 Years Ago [Penn State Scandal] (deadspin.com)
- Penn State Scandal: A New Week After The Worst One Ever (huffingtonpost.com)
- Psalm 63 (danielhgma.wordpress.com)
- Tehillim/Psalms 19.8-15 ~ A Song for the New Year (crogowfutch.wordpress.com)
- Tehillim/Psalms 143.4-11 (crogowfutch.wordpress.com)
- Tehillim/Psalms 102.25-29 (crogowfutch.wordpress.com)
- Tehillim/Psalms 62.10-13 (crogowfutch.wordpress.com)
There is the sea, vast and wide,
with its creatures beyond number,
living things, small and great. . . .
All of them look to You
to give them their food when it is due. . . .
May the glory of the Lord endure forever;
and the Lord rejoice in His works.
Tehillim/Psalms 104.25, 27, 31